Aah spring! There’s mild weather, sunshine, and outdoor activities, but there’s also blooms, pollen, sniffles, and watery eyes. While seasonal changes can have a positive impact on our morals, they can also come with a set of inconveniences which impacts our bodies. This article will teach you about allergies and methods to prevent the onset of their symptoms. @MlleCricri explains it all!
Allergies: what are they exactly?
An allergy is an excessive sensitivity in our immune system as a response to contact with a foreign substance. In the case of hay fever, the foreign substance is pollen.
What are the symptoms?
Runny noses, sneezing, red eyes, irritated throat are very uncomfortable symptoms. These symptoms tend to haunt those who suffer from allergic rhinitis during the first few days of spring.
Having had these allergies for a few years when I was an adolescent, I can sincerely confirm that the experience is unpleasant! All the symptoms of seasonal rhinitis have side effects when they persist and/or are poorly cared for.
For instance, some of these side effects can be:
– immense fatigue,
– inability to concentrate,
– and sometimes asthma attacks.
The Allergy Calendar
As per Santé Quebec, the peak of allergy season starts in the spring and lasts until mid-October. Here are the culprit pollens depending on the time period within the year:
– March to June: Tree and shrub pollen
– May to October: grass pollen, such as grass, hay, bluegrass and bromegrass
– July to October: ragweed pollen
Prepare for the arrival of pollen
There are natural solutions which allow us to prepare for allergy season, and help us relieve an allergic reaction or attack. Discover @MlleCricri’s favorite Homeocan products.
Pollen Plus or THE perfect preventative treatment prepare for allergy season. However, unlike many conventional allergy medications, it will not make you drowsy and is anti-histamin-free
- Price : 12,88$
- Format : 5 + 1 tube (1g)
- For whom? Adults and children ( 2 years old and above).
- How? Dissolve the contents of the tube under the tongue, once a week, every 6 weeks.
Effective in the event of an attack, the All Allergies Tablets of Real Relief help relieve the most frequent of allergy symptoms, namely:
– Runny nose
– Nasal congestion
– Throat irritations
– Watery eyes
- Price : 13,65$
- Format : 60 comprimés à croquer
- For whom? Adults and children (6 years old and above)
- How? Chew 1 to 2 tablets, depending on your age, 3 times a day.
The Hay Fever pellets help relieve the different symptoms associated with seasonal allergies. Additionally, the tube and pellet format of this homeopathic medication is very practical given its portability. Whether you are at the office or on vacation, you can continue your treatment without difficulty, or inconvenience.
- Price : 7.31$
- Format : 1 tube 4g
- For whom? Adults and children (2 years old and above)
- How? Dissolve 3 pellets under the tongue, 3 times a day
Adults are not the only ones who suffer from seasonal allergies. @MlleCricri always resorts to Homeopathy when relieving these symptoms. She finds that it can also work wonders for your children! Kids 0-9’s All Allergies can relieve your little ones’ various allergic symptoms. One of its biggest pluses is that it is free of gluten, added sugar, dye, pseudo-ephedrine, and acetaminophen.
- Price : 10,92$
- Format: 25 ml bottle with dropper.
- For whom? Children between the ages of 0 and 9.
- How? 15 drops, 3 times per day, or in the event of an acute attack, 15 drops at 15 minutes intervals until there is improvement.à
Good habits to adopt
If you or your child suffer from seasonal allergies, here are a few tips and words of advice which could help reduce the occurrence of allergic reactions:
- Wash your hands after every outing.
- Avoid drying your clothes outside as that is where pollen can settle on the fabric.
- In the car, do not roll down the windows too much, use the AC.
- Avoid outdoor activities on windy days.
- Consult the pollen forecast prior to going out.
The days of good weather in Quebec pass by fairly quickly, it would be a pity if we don’t enjoy them fully, no? Don’t let seasonal allergies stand in the way! Did you know that there exist homeopathic medicines which address hay fever symptoms? Will you try them this year?
Credit Photos: ©Christine Lacaze
This article is composed in collaboration with Christine Lacaze, creator and author of the online magazine Mademoiselle Cricri. The opinions expressed in this article are Christine Lacaze’s and are 100% true.