Finally spring is here and the sunny days are back! With them plants awaken and the colorful and fragrant flowers appear. Among the most emblematic spring plants, we find Lavender. Its incomparable colors and scent are not its only assets. This plant has indeed many natural benefits…
Natural Benefits of Lavender
Lavender has been used by man since ancient times. Romans used it especially to perfume their bath and their clothing and also clean their bodies. A little later in the middle Ages, we used lavender to fight against diseases.
Over the centuries, lavender has also imposed itself in the medical environment as a natural disinfectant. Today lavender still has so much success: remedies, health care, cosmetics, perfume or even cooking, inevitably, this pretty plant has kept its place!
If lavender is so appreciated, it’s because it has been recognized for its multiple natural benefits:
- Skin Care: helps to relieve acne, eczema and skin irritations
- Healing: lavender can be used to heal burns and minor cuts
- Pain relief: this plant soothes muscular pain (sprains, tendinitis, strains…)
- Antiviral: it helps the body fight against viruses and calms cough
- Repellant: flying insects and lice are repelled by the odor of lavender that they do not seem to appreciate
- Relaxing: helps to relax and fall asleep
Did you know? When we think of lavender, we are more likely to imagine the hills of Provence and the song of cicadas than Canadian landscapes. However, do not be mistaken, this plant may well be cultivated in our country! Producers choose resistant species and protect fields from cold and snow with suitable systems.
There are lavender fields in Quebec, like the ones from la Maison Lavande, where you can stroll around. An ideal activity to enjoy spring and summer in Canada… and the incredible scents of flowers!
How to use lavender daily
Lavender is therefore a plant with many virtues, which can help you to stay in shape naturally. It can be presented in different forms but three of them are particularly adapted to everyday life: essential oils (True Lavender or Spike Lavender), massage oils or mists.
These quality remedies are simple to use and suitable for the whole family.
These three Essencia products can be used as:
- Diffuser: spray the Oil Mist to create a calm and relaxing atmosphere. You can also use essential oils in your diffuser to purify the air in your house.
- Bath: enjoy the relaxing, soothing and pain relief effect of lavender by adding 15 drops of essential oils in your bath or in a foot bath. Think of maybe mixing the essential oil with an emulsifier like Emulcia to avoid irritation.
- Inhalation: to fight viruses, colds and cough, breathing in lavender is an excellent idea. To take advantage of its properties, pour 1 to 6 drops of essential oils in a paper tissue and breathe in a few times per day.
- Massage: Essencia Lavender Massage Oil is perfect for a relaxing massage and for pain relief. Just close your eyes and let it carry you away to a field of flowers!
- Local application: to take advantage of its repellent properties, healing and soothing action, dilute a few drops of essential oil in a vegetable oil and massage delicately.
Do not wait to adopt lavender and take care of yourself naturally