Insomnia, difficulty falling asleep? If your nights are not as restful as they should be, rest assured, you are not the only one and there are solutions ! We have some information to share with you about sleep disorders and their effects on your body and some good habits to adopt to help you sleep like a baby again…
Lack of sleep and its effects on your body
Today, everything goes fast, very fast … Too fast? Between work, children to take care of, housework and the uncertainties and stress linked to the pandemic, fatigue can easily become a factor. Yet, sleep is hard to find sometimes.
According to a Health Canada study, 43% of men and 55% of women aged 18 to 64 have difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep. In addition, one-third of Canadians between the ages of 18 and 79 would sleep less than the recommended number of hours, which ranges from 7 to 9 hours per night.
Factors associated with sleep disorders
Several factors can be at the root of these sleep disorders in adults, including:
- The use of tablets before bedtime that blue light hinders your ability to fall asleep due to its brightness (phones, computers, televisions as well …)
- Excessive consumption of caffeine or alcohol
- Stress or concern associated with your work environment
- Overthinking things before bed
- Concerns about family, friends.
These sleep disorders can occur in different forms, here are the 3 main ones:
- Insomnia: also known as sleeplessness, is a sleep disorder in which people have trouble sleeping.
- Nightmares: often associated with intense stress and disrupting the quality of sleep
- Difficulty falling asleep: some adults can take hours to fall asleep
If you are regularly affected by one or more of these sleep disorders, it is necessary to take steps to remedy and find solutions. According to Health Canada, lack of sleep can have many consequences:
- Type 2 diabetes
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Frequent injuries
- Permanent irritability
- A general decrease in well-being
Some alternative health solutions to relieve you from your sleep disorders
Help yourself with natural remedies!
Homeopathy is your ally for helping you fall asleep. Homeocan’s Insomnia Complex will help you fall asleep, without addiction or side effects.
Homeocan’s Insomnia Passiflora complex will allow you to easily enjoy the benefits of Passionflower, plant known to soothe stress and invasive thoughts.
You can combine Homeocan homeopathic remedies with Bach Flowers Elixir Night, designed to promote a deeper, calmer and restful sleep, naturally.
8 tips to get to sleep naturally
You now know that it is important to get your sleep. we have selected 8 simple tips for you to put in place…
- Exposure to natural light during the day to help regulate your circadian rhythm
- Follow a daily schedule for (meal times, bedtime, sunrise …)
- Do not take a hot shower just before going to sleep
- Avoid heavy meals at night
- Take time for yourself and to dispel the worries of everyday life, with : yoga, relaxation, meditation … these acitivites can help you to relax and to get a better sleep.
- Do not exercise just before bedtime, to avoid adrenaline spikes that are harmful to sleep
- Create an atmosphere conducive to sleep in your room: it must be calm, dark and cool
- Avoid alcohol.
You now have all the information in hand to get quality sleep and feel at your best all day!