Discover Tea Tree…
The real name of Tea Tree is Melaleuca Alternifolia. It is originally from Australia and has been used for a very long time. Research has indeed shown that the Aboriginals already used its leaves several centuries ago to soothe many ailments. Its use has since spread widely around the world.
Still today, Tea Tree, as an Essential Oil, is a staple in natural pharmacies. It is also used in some cosmetic and household products.
Benefits of Tea Tree
Tea Tree is frequently used in natural medicine. According to many healthcare practitioners it is known for its anti-infectious, anti-fungal, and anti-bacterial properties.
Several scientific studies, in vitro or in tests on human subjects, have demonstrated these properties.
Tea Tree against everyday ailments
The properties of Tea Tree Essential Oil cover a wide range of ailments. Many manufacturers and other specialists state these uses in particular against:
- Cough and cold (recommended by Health Canada)
- Skin disorders
- ENT infections
- Oral ailments
How to use Essencia Tea Tree Essential Oil?
Tea Tree Essential Oil can be used in 3 ways, choose according to the ailments you want to soothe:
- Atmospheric diffusion: against respiratory infections. Use a suitable diffuser, maximum 15 minutes per hour.
- Direct inhalation: against ENT and respiratory infections. Apply 1 to 6 drops of pure essential oil on a tissue and inhale up to 3 times a day.
- Local application: suitable for skin disorders and to cleanse. Mix Tea Tree Essential Oil with vegetable oil to help treat acne and other skin disorders.
DIY: make your own Tea Tree Cleansing Gel
The anti-fungal and antibacterial properties of Tea Tree make it an excellent base to make purifying and sanitizing products. So don’t be surprised if you find it in natural hydro alcoholic gel recipes…
Here is a simple recipe to easily make you own sanitizing gel!
You will need:
- 10 drops of pure Essencia Lavender Essential Oil
- 6 drops of pure Essencia Lemongrass Essential Oil
- 25 drops of pure Essencia Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 1 oz. (6 teaspoons) of Essencia Organic Glycerin
- 2 oz. (12 teaspoons) of Essencia Witch Hazel Floral Water (you can use grain alcohol or vodka)
To prepare your homemade hydro alcoholic gel, nothing could be easier: simply mix all of these ingredients in a spray bottle. Use it whenever you need to sanitize your hands quickly and easily.
Tea Tree Essential Oil is definitely essential in everyday life, to protect you from everyday ailments and to stay healthy naturally.